Provide services as an on-site Administrative Assistant, budget focused, for a U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station (SRS) Headquarters. This position will provide support to budget staff and senior Station leadership, including review and approval of budget submissions as well as the formulation of recommendations for Station leadership. Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Management of routine budget processes including the mid-year financial review
- Monitoring of budget implementation plans
- Tracking of expenditures
- Providing expert budget analysis and advice through all phases of budget execution including thorough review and analysis of budget submissions
- Monitoring and tracking current and prior-year actions including commitments, obligations, and expenditures
- Preparing and presenting briefing materials at a professional, clear manner
- Participating in routine budget meetings
- Working independently on projects using extensive knowledge of budget processes and policies
- Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have 3 years senior level administrative assistant and or budget specific experience supporting management level personnel.
- Must have 2 years of specific budget and related experience with extensive knowledge and skills in understanding and applying complex budgetary policies.
- Possess experience with USDA financial processes and systems, including FMMI, Workplan, NRM, and IAS.
- Possess the ability to analyze and make recommendations regarding the receipt, obligation, and expenditure of funds.
- Must have computer skills and be knowledgeable of MS Office products.
- Be able to complete assignments independently, using sound judgment.
- Must have the ability to organize and present information and ideas in clear and concise terms.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and communication skills.
- Must be able to read and speak fluent English.
- Must be able to pass a Federal background check.
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success.