Administrative Assistant II – US Department of Transportation, Atlanta, GA
Provides administrative support to assist in the planning, coordinating, scheduling, of contracts fulfillment. Performs administrative and logistical support services for a specific person or group (i.e. company executive, division, department, etc.).
Specific tasks include:
- Serves as an assistant to departments and responds to requests for information and assistance as required by the division manager and other team members.
- Provides administrative support services including word processing; creating and maintaining both electronic and hard copy files; and assisting in preparing special materials for presentations and ensures that administrative needs for projects are met in a timely manner.
- Assists with documentation completion and provide staff assistance on priority items and deliverables.
- Interacts with the Human Resources Department assisting in the completion of employee documentation. Interfaces with Contracts Compliance Dept to ensure accurate contracts administration and ensures safety and security standards; coordinates with IT Dept to provide new hire equipment.
- Assist with travel arrangements as needed.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, plus some college courses.
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate in English.
- Working knowledge and experience in performing computer data entry, word processing, presentation graphics preparation, and developing spreadsheets using appropriate software systems.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions to complete assignments.
- At least two years of experience working in an office environment.
- Ability to handle an array of situations, problems, and deviations in office procedures due to changing priorities, policies and program goals.
- General knowledge of office management, and experience in supporting tracking control systems, and databases.
- Excellent business communication skills (verbal and written).
- Must be able to read and speak fluent English.
- Must be able to pass a Federal background check.
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success.