Administrative Assistant III – Department of Transportation, Washington, DC
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to assist in the planning, coordinating, scheduling, of contracts fulfillment. Performs administrative and logistical support services for a specific person or group (i.e. company executive, division, department, etc.).
Responsible for assisting the senior-level and office staff in the completion and follow through of administrative processes and issues relating to projects, travel and office management. Performs various clerical and administrative tasks such as filing, typing, data entry, correspondence and other duties as assigned. Assists with accounts payables/receivables and general procurement duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. To the extent practicable in a field setting, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serves as an assistant to departments and responds to requests for information and assistance as required by the division manager and other team members.
- Provides administrative support services including word processing; creating and maintaining both electronic and hard copy files; and assisting in preparing special materials for presentations and ensures that administrative needs for projects are met in a timely manner.
- Manages, monitors, purchases, organizes, and maintains appropriate inventory level of office supplies.
- Drafts and edits letters, reports, brochures, memos, proposals, procedures, and other various weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual job to date reports etc., as assigned by supervisor and other staff.
- Assists with documentation completion and provide staff assistance on priority items and deliverables.
- Interacts with the Human Resources Department assisting in the completion of employee documentation. Interfaces with Contracts Compliance Dept to ensure accurate contracts administration and ensures safety and security standards; coordinates with IT Dept to provide new hire equipment.
- Support new contract start-ups.
- Assist with travel arrangements as needed.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, plus some college courses
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate in English
- Advanced computer skills and internet research skills in computer systems and software such as Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to follow oral and written directions to complete assignments
- Three to four years of experience performing complex administrative tasks supporting one or more senior-level staff, in addition to office staff
- Strong time management skills
- Solid knowledge of general office procedures and equipment
- Capable of supervising less experienced administrative assistance staff within each functional staff area
- Exceptional attention to detail with proven interpersonal skill
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to independently prioritize workload and tasks to optimize production
- Covid-19 vaccinated or religious or medical accommodation
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success.