Clinical Staff Support Specialist – Norfolk, VA
Support the Force Surgeon and MRD OICs to collect documents required for primary source verification of license independent providers (LIP) and to monitor the privileging status of all LIPs assigned to CNSL commands.
Specific tasks include:
- Shall include assisting with analysis, design, and application of the healthcare provider’s Credentials Review/Privileging Program (CP/PP) based on current DoD, DoN, U.S. Fleet Forces Command, Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED) and Joint Commission instructions.
- Shall also assist the Force Surgeon in monitoring/executing other clinical staff programs to include patient safety issue reporting and administrative support of quality assurance investigations of providers.
- Gather, analyze and verify information on the medical education and specialized training of all practitioners who request privileges and to ensure the authenticity, continuity and appropriateness of training in compliance with applicable privileging policies and instructions.
- Coordinate the verification process in task 2.8.4.with both military and civilian agencies in and out of the continental United States (CONUS and OCONUS).
- Review background checks, gather, analyze and verify information on the professional education and specialized training of all clinical support staff requesting employment at U.S. Fleet Forces Command units to ensure authenticity, continuity and appropriateness of training, in compliance with applicable policies and instructions.
- Obtain and review confidential, professional, training documents for all providers. Responsibilities shall cover credentials records for approximately 380 dental and medical active professionals and any Reservists that may be assigned to Fleet platforms.
- Review provider verifications of education, training and licensure of perspective/current government personnel and determine their adequacy of investigation.
- Verify all background information used in establishing a provider’s bona fide medical/professional expertise prior to employment, provide decision on credential/privilege package and submit for signature of Privileging Authority.
- Provide assistance with the planning, coordination and presentation of a comprehensive orientation training class for all healthcare providers newly arrived at a CNSL Command in order to strengthen their awareness of the program and their role in the successful implementation of this program.
- Provide assistance with the design and ensure the publication of standardized forms utilized locally in the Command’s Credentialing and Peer Review/Quality Assurance processes.
- Research and prepare responses to inquiries from other institutions and agencies concerning the work, training or performance of current and previous medical staff members as delineated in available documents.
- Provide assistance in researching, analyzing, collating and prepare a variety of reports for placement in Individual Credentials Files/Individual Professional Files (ICF/IPF).
- Prepare ICF/IPFs for transfer to other facilities due to transfer, separation, retirement or termination of healthcare providers. Delivers and receives ICF/IPFs via shipping agents (USPS, UPS, DHL or FEDEX).
- Monitor and track licensing, certification, registration status, and training for all privileged providers within the CNSL Administrative Control (ADCON).
- Implement the process for the completion of the Performance Appraisal Report (PAR) or Clinical Appraisal Report (CAR) for members of the medical, dental, nursing and allied health staff at required intervals and during the Privileging application/renewal process.
- Provide copies of completed appointment letters to military personnel.
- Provide assistance to credentials/quality assurance investigating Officers and administrative assistance in the methodologies, collection of date and resources available to conduct the credentials/quality assurance investigation.
- Organize and ensure necessary medical and dental records and other necessary documents are available to the credentials/quality assurance investigation Officers if requested.
- Review the completed draft of the Quality Assurance Investigation Report submitted by military personnel for content and may provide input and recommendations for appropriate changes to content ensuring credentials/quality assurance investigations are in compliance with current directives.
- Monitor and track patient safety reports submitted by CNSL medical and dental personnel using Joint Patient Safety Reporting System (JPSR).
- Establish and maintain JPSR accounts for all CNSL medical, dental, nursing and allied health staff.
- Ensures information System Security Officer (ISSO) accountability, compliance and protection of equipment within the directorate, to include accessory software and hardware.
- Comply with any and all CNSL training requirements to maintain system access.
- Must possess a minimum of one-year direct experience as a Credentials Assistant performing duties as outlined in this PWS.
- Must possess an Associate’s Degree OR at least two years’ experience as a Credentials Technician.
- Must possess and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the healthcare training system, to include requirements for dental and medical specialists and various levels of post graduate (internship, residency and fellowship) training to ensure each provider has the necessary training required to perform in their assigned discipline.
- Apply knowledge and understanding of the certification and/or licensure requirements and levels at which they are conferred or attained for various clinic support staff specialties.
- Apply a detailed knowledge and understanding of established credentials review and privileging processes.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
- Must be able to read and speak fluent English
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success.