Communication Specialist – National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Silver Spring, MD
Assists in the development of communication needs and information materials through appropriate protocols.
Specific tasks include:
- Draft strategic planning documents.
- Support development of scientific publications.
- Prepare written content for a variety of outlets.
- Develop and/or support agency science communications products as determined by Communications Leads and in conjunction with Program Leads.
- Ensure all communication materials are 508 compliant.
- Draft, edit and finalize documents using plain language that explains complex scientific or policy programs regarding natural resources for various audiences coordinated by Communications Leads.
- Provide digital communication coordination and support.
- Host subject matter feedback sessions.
- Providing meeting facilitation.
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in communications, public relations, law, or journalism or a clearly related field. 3 years demonstrated experience related directly to each individual Task Order. NOTE: A graduate degree in a related field may be used as a substitute for 2 years of the required experience.
- Possesses limited to moderate degree of experience and knowledge in writing commercial electronic or written media in the area of science/program or related issues.
- Operates with considerable latitude for actions and decisions.
- Must have skills in close reading and comprehension and must be able to complete assignments. independently, using sound judgment in applying broad guidelines to specific cases.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and sound skills in written and oral communication is a must.
- Must be able to read and speak fluent English
- Must be able to pass a federal background check
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success.