Data Analyst – Norfolk, VA
Assist the Force Surgeon in overseeing CNSL Force health programs through the collection, synthesis, presentation and statistical analysis of CNSL medical and non-medical databases to guide health care planning and medical surveillance.
Specific tasks include:
- Shall have access to the SIPR (Secure Internet Protocol Router) and shall collate, analyze and present data in order to monitor and improve current CNSL medical programs as well as identify gaps to guide development of new programs.
- Shall assist in presenting findings to senior staff and assist in providing data products for communication plans to support CNSL Force approved programs.
- Provide threat analysis and risk assessment studies combining data from multiple DOD, Navy and CNSL databases including the Military Health System Medical Data Repository (MDR), LIMDU-SMART, CNSL epidemiologic and surveillance databases, CNSL approved surveys, CNSL inspection reports, and CNSL classified databases including ship schedule and employment data. Threat and risk assessment shall include known current threats, projected threats, and requirements to include assessments of consequences providing prioritized and optimized recommendations when factors such as constrained resources (funding, manpower, time, or organizational constructs) do not allow full implementation of known methods for mitigation, improvements, or innovations solutions.
- Collect, input, analyze, organize, and troubleshoot data systems daily to meet the needs of the Force Surgeon and other CNSL leaders as well as provide programming and systems analysis and recommendations to verify that the data collection systems managed by CNSL meet all data objectives and are in accordance with current DoD policies required for any DoD data collection system.
- Provide and maintain detailed and proper documentation about the system including design, structure, functionality, and proper use.
- Documentation shall be required to be maintained for each system including all necessary requirements to meet DoD and DoN Information Assurance (IA) security practices and other DoD and DoN policy requirements of IT systems.
- Provide recommendations to improve and modify existing designs, standards, specifications, networks, databases, applications, systems, and tools.
- Develop or implement improvements with government approval in which the upgrade requirements to bio surveillance systems are driven by DoD and DON policy changes to provide improved Force Health Protection for CNSL ships and commands.
- Analyze policy changes and provide upgrade recommendations to improve existing CNSL bio surveillance systems.
- Monitor data sources, such as health surveys, health risk assessments, Physical Readiness Information Management System (PRIMS), clinical investigations, and the Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA) to provide a descriptive, multi-level analyses and strategies for challenges related to accomplishing the combat and medical mission of CNSL.
- Provide analysis of Readiness Monitoring and assessment reports, to include analysis of readiness reporting procedures for CNSL operational units.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college.
- Must possess at least two years’ experience with large datasets and practical application of statistical analysis methods.
- Must possess and maintain a detailed practical knowledge in the use of database and statistical programs to include SAS analytic software.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
- Must be able to read and speak fluent English
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success.