Data Scientist – 711th Human Performance Wing, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, OH
Specific tasks include:
- The contractor employee responsibilities shall compile, organize, and analyze data, identifying significant variables and underlying relationships. The contractor employee shall conduct studies and create mathematical and statistical methods and techniques. The contractor employee shall write statistical analysis plans, carry out statistical analyses, and interpret and report findings.
- Review journals, abstracts and scientific literature to keep abreast of new developments, and to obtain information regarding previous studies that aid in the planning of new studies.
- Participate in data-related projects, including data normalization, data maintenance, data research, data standardization, data product design, and data quality assurance.
- Conduct analysis of multivariate datasets to reveal patterns and build models, and conduct exploratory data analyses, utilize machine learning techniques, and provide data visualization.
- Import, clean, merge, manage, transform, validate, and/or analyze large multivariate datasets.
- Test data to identify data integrity issues, making recommendations and coordinating with the team members/team lead to plan solutions; troubleshoot problems concerning database records and analysis, and communicate with team lead/team members; identify improvements for existing data management and recommend requirements for new systems.
- Participate in data-driven projects; provide assistance with FESS Data Analytics team requirements, such as producing timely and accurate data, analysis and reports in response to ad hoc/special requests.
- Design and document data management processes and create data dictionaries as necessary; establish the relationship of available data to existing datasets, map data and coding for specific data elements, maintain statistical software codes; provide training on products created as needed; perform data archive procedures within established guidelines as provided by the team lead.
- Summarize and report data analyses in a clear, concise manner; present results to stakeholders and/or at scientific conferences; create written communication for internal and external purposes; write-up results in technical reports or publication-quality manuscripts.
- Provide consultation support for other researchers, including providing study design assistance, analysis advice, document review and formal proposal technical review.
- Ensure all documents and datasets are appropriately vetted prior to release outside the organization.
- Maintain data security in strict compliance with the Privacy Act of 1974, as amended, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, and related federal regulations.
- Comply with human subjects research regulations, as overseen by the Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- Work with Information Technology (IT) support personnel to ensure compliance with USAF and DoD IT requirements.
- Utilize with proficiency statistical/database software packages such as SAS, SPSS, Access, and SQL Server; utilize standard software packages such as Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Adobe Acrobat in performance of duties.
- Maintain professional relationships with team lead, team members, investigators, and collaborators.
- Attend/Support meetings, as required in performance of duties, with government and civilian organizations, academia, and subject matter experts.
- Must possess, at minimum, a Master’s level degree in statistics, biostatistics, or related field.
- Must have over 5 years’ experience in a research setting utilizing quantitative methods and principles of statistics. Extended work experience (at least 8 years) may be considered in lieu of the Master’s degree, if work history shows documentation of strong analytical skills.
- Must be professional, detail oriented, possess excellent communication skills, and speak English fluently.
- Will have the ability to thrive in a team environment, yet be able to complete assigned tasks independently or with minimal guidance
- The contractor employee shall have a signed Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) in place with their company based on the potential access to confidential, proprietary, and/or sensitive information. The NDA shall be provided to the Government Program Manager by start of performance.
- Must be able to read and speak fluent English
- Must be able to pass a Federal background check
- Covid-19 vaccinated or religious or medical accommodation
- Prior military experience or previous experience working in a military environment is desired
- Knowledge of novel and emerging analysis techniques is desired.
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success