Database Administrator – 711th Human Performance Wing, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, OH
Specific tasks include:
- Interface with other database administrators or data access personnel to ensure appropriate data feeds are available to analysis personnel.
- Write Data Use Agreements (DAUs) and/or Memoranda of Agreement to allow for use of data, working with FESS PM responsible for tracking these documents. The contractor employee shall be able to work with outside entities, as needed, to complete IRB and DUA requirements to include the Defense Health Agency. The contractor employee shall assist in making data accessible to project team, scientists, physicians, programmers and other end users.
- Be responsible for validity and integrity of data contained in database files. The contractor employee shall assist with ensuring data feeds, processing tools and outputs are documented and kept current, and assist with troubleshooting and diagnosing database performance or service availability issues.
- Assist in maintaining data security. Due to the sensitive nature of the data being analyzed, there shall be no breach of confidentiality. The contractor employee shall perform data archive procedures within established guidelines as provided by the government lead(s).
- Consult with government lead(s), team members, and end users concerning the outline of data requirements. The contractor employee shall assist with implementing a database solution to achieve optimum performance. The contractor employee shall provide consultation support for data-driven projects, database development, and web-based interfaces.
- Recommend operating methods to improve processing, distribution, data flow, collection and database editing procedures. The contractor employee shall assist with establishing and managing standard database specific processes for capturing, manipulating, presenting and archiving data.
- Design and maintain a comprehensive data dictionary. The contractor employee shall create document products for the actual computer code used in order for government personnel to access these files for review, approval or for generating copies as required.
- Import, clean, merge, manage, transform, validate, and/or analyze large multivariate datasets.
- Test data to identify data integrity issues, making recommendations and coordinating with the team members/government lead(s) to plan solutions; troubleshoot problems concerning database records and analysis, and communicate with team lead/team members; identify improvements for existing data management and recommend requirements for new systems.
- Participate in data-driven projects; provide assistance with FESS Analytics team requirements, such as producing timely and accurate data analysis and reports in response to ad hoc/special requests.
- Design and document data management processes and develop data dictionaries as necessary; establish the relationship of available data to existing datasets, map data and coding for specific data elements, maintain software coding; provide training on products created as needed; perform data archive procedures within established guidelines as provided by the team lead.
- Ensure all documents and datasets are appropriately vetted prior to release outside the organization.
- Comply with human subjects research regulations, as overseen by the IRB.
- Work with IT support personnel to ensure compliance with USAF and DoD IT requirements.
- Utilize statistical/database software packages such as SAS, SPSS, Access, and SQL Server, as well as standard software packages such as Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Adobe Acrobat in performance of duties.
- Maintain professional relationships with government lead(s), team members, investigators, and collaborators.
- Attend/Support meetings related to expertise, as required in performance of duties, with government and civilian organizations, academia, and subject matter experts.
- Provide support in maintaining division SharePoint site, to include preparing, uploading and formatting documents, reports and developing specific processes/formats for capturing, manipulating, presenting and archiving data.
- Must possess, at minimum, a Master’s degree in Information Technology, information systems, or other related field, such as Business Administration.
- Must have over 5 years’ experience constructing and maintaining databases for operational and research purposes. Extensive experience (at least 8 years) may be considered in lieu of the Master’s degree.
- Must have experience creating web-based systems for the purpose of displaying, querying, and charting data.
- Must have experience combining, cleaning, and working with large multivariate datasets.
- The contractor employee shall have, or be able to obtain, a NACLC or T3 clearance, with an IT designation level II.
- The contractor employee shall be professional, detail oriented, possess excellent communication skills, and speak English fluently.
- The contractor employee shall have the ability to thrive in a team environment yet be able to complete assigned tasks independently or with minimal guidance from team leads.
- The contractor employee shall have a signed Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) in place with their company based on the potential access to confidential, proprietary, and/or sensitive information. The NDA shall be provided to the Government Program Manager by start of performance.
- Must be able to read and speak fluent English
- Must be able to pass a Federal background check
- Covid-19 vaccinated or religious or medical accommodation
- Prior military experience or previous experience working in a military environment is desired.
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success.