General Clerk II – US Department of Agriculture, Natural Resource Conservation Services – Lincoln, IL
Specific tasks include:
- Task One: This task is to assist with the finding and collecting of completed determinations, updating our compliance database and mailing the completed determinations to producers.
- Go through each folder in a field office (NRCS & FSA files) and find all of the Highly Erodible Lands (HEL)/Wetland Determinations.
- Separate each determination by geographic location. Copy Form-026 (HEL/Wetland Determination) if it covers more than one location. There may be multiple Form-026 and/or maps associated to be scanned.
- Files will need to be searched through multiple track and files to ensure files found are associated with the correct location of land.
- Task Two: This task will be converting the existing Compliance Determination file system to a new file system that will be implemented statewide. This will include filing, scanning of specific types of documents, and creating a map index of the field or tract location of these determinations.
- In ArcGIS find the location using Township, Range, Section on the Common Land Unit (CLU) layer.
- Set point into Geographic Information System Mapping (GIS) system on the CLU layer creating an index.
- Scan existing determinations into a pdf file. (Establish a checklist that would indicate the order things should be scanned.)
- Link index to the File in the Archived Determinations folder.
- Name the file using the designated naming convention.
- Upload the file to the Compliance Shared Drive: Archived Determinations folder (Database).
- Task Three: This task will be setting up a hard copy folder to be placed back into the filing system.
- Set up a hard copy folder, list the file name used on the pdf.
- If duplicate determinations are found for the same land, the most recent determination will be in the front, the older determination will be attached to the back.
- Must possess and maintain a state issued driver’s license. Any violations must be noted before use of Government Vehicle.
- Proficient in word processing.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in utilizing a variety of computer hardware and software applications, such as Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Teams.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in operating small office machines such as calculators, fax machines, scanners, postage meters, and copy machines.
- have the ability to learn or have experience in using ArcGIS, which is a cloud-based mapping and analysis system.
- Must be capable of work independently.
- All contractor employees must read, write, speak and understand English fluently.
- Demonstrates knowledge and support of the Equal Opportunity and Civil Rights policy.
- Must be able to pass a Federal background check
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success.