IT Specialist (Applications Development) – US Census Bureau, Suitland, MD
Specific tasks include:
- Creates user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Internet/intranet applications; leading team of developers.
- Designs and develops user interfaces to Internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Help the team with setting up/designing test systems (ie, QMetry, Jira).
- Setup test accounts, validate test environments, write test cases, and validate test cases written by stakeholders.
- Record defects with step required and screenshots.
- Attend meetings to gain information needed to develop test plan and write test cases.
- Train stakeholders on testing systems (how to write a test case, how to test a test case, how to report a defect).
- Validate that test data is available and have ability to create test data, if necessary.
- Must possess a BS/BA degree in related field (or equivalent).
- Must possess approximately 4 years of experience in a related field.
- Must possess CompTia Security+.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and sound skills in written and oral communication is a must.
- Must be able to read and speak fluent English.
- Must be able to pass a Federal background check.
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success.