Licensed Clinical Social Worker – Norfolk, VA
Shall participate in the Embedded Mental Health program by providing recognition, treatment, and management of psychosocial/behavioral problems and conditions. The scope and responsibilities of this position shall include targeted assessment and evaluation, including diagnostic impressions and functional status focused on the presenting problem/issue.
Specific tasks include:
- Coordinate appropriate referrals to community and other government agencies for services.
- Independently assess the psychosocial functioning and needs of patients and formulate and implement a treatment plan, identifying the patient’s problems, strengths, weaknesses, coping skills and assistance needed, in collaboration with the Command, patient, family and interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Independently conduct psychosocial assessments and provide psychosocial treatment to a wide variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural, ethnic, educational and other diverse backgrounds.
- Within the scope of clinical privileges shall make medical and mental health diagnoses, identify disabilities and perform treatment procedures. This shall include acute, chronic and traumatic illnesses/injuries diagnoses, identifying common medications and their effects/side effects, and understanding medical terminology.
- Implement treatment modalities in working with individuals, families and groups who are experiencing a variety of psychiatric, medical and social problems to achieve treatment goals.
- Independently provide counseling and/or psychotherapy services to individuals, groups, couples, and families. Must practice within the bounds of the license or certification.
- Provide consultation services to other staff about the psychosocial needs of patients and the impact of psychosocial problems on health care and compliance with treatment.
- Participate in professional peer review case conferences, research studies, or other organizations as required at the location of performance.
- Provide crisis assessment and safety planning.
- Must possess a Doctorate or Master's degree in Social Work (MSW) from a School of Social Work fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
- Must possess a minimum of two years of experience working in the Mental Health field including clinical experience within the past two years.
- Possess a current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Must be able to read and speak fluent English.
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success.