Media Analyst – San Diego, CA
**Current Active Secret Clearance required**
Develop, utilize, and assess appropriate metrics to determine the efficacy of CNSP communication efforts and enable analysis of options to help further amplify and enhance CNSP messages. Advise and assist in developing effective metric-based tracking of communication efforts and shall make recommendations for adjusting communication efforts based on assessment analysis. Collect and analyze multimodal media including: daily newspapers, weekly newspapers, wire services, magazines, television, radio, email, blogs, websites, Rich Site Summary (RSS) feeds and social media. Quantitative and qualitative, systematic and objective methods to determine form and content of text and broadcasts. Social media analysis shall include at a minimum tone, engagement, and demographic/geographic reach.
Specific tasks include:
- Develop a process to create and maintain overarching communications strategies for the Surface Navy’s foremost objectives and issues, including: identification of the goals/end states for those objectives and issues; key stakeholders; analysis and assessment of media and online content; policy, program or operational actions the Surface Navy and other stakeholders will take to achieve the goals/end states; objectives for communication with or supporting actions to achieve the goals/end states; communication themes and messages; and the desired outcomes of the combination of Surface Navy actions and communications related to each of the Surface Navy’s foremost objectives and priority issues.
- Develop plans based on research and analysis that are integrated with all organizations fully or peripherally involved and include communication objectives, themes and messages, key audiences, channels, products and tactics for communicating, measures of performance (MOP) and measures of effectiveness (MOE) and a framework for taking those measurements, and a synchronization matrix of all actions pertinent to the policies, programs or procedures and the communication efforts contained in the plan.
- Facilitate and execute efforts and actions that foster collaboration and bridge the communication gaps within an organization and across the organizations fully or peripherally involved in an issue that is the subject of the communication plan; ensuring all aspects of primary and supporting communication plans are consistent; verifying all information products (e.g., written, visual, audio, multimedia) support communication plan objectives, themes and messages; and synchronizing all actions taken in the execution of the plan.
- Research and analysis of 1) the intended impacts of the organization's creation or change in policy, programs or procedures, 2) the mission, goals, objectives and equities of and reputational risks to the organizations fully or peripherally involved in the policies, programs, and/or procedures about which the strategies and plans are being developed, and 3) assessments, lessons learned or other information of value from previous similar communication efforts.
- Monitor in near real-time the execution of communication plans and making recommendations for adjustments during execution; and assessing the research, planning, implementation, alignment, MOP and MOE data, achievement of objectives, and other information as needed to determine the effectiveness of a communication effort or efforts and to add that assessment to the body of potential research for future issues.
- Developing, implementing, and facilitating processes, products and actions to establish, maintain, and when necessary reestablish consistency and continuity in the execution of communication plans and strategies across all organizations fully or peripherally involved in a specific issue or combination of issues.
- Develop a process to monitor and assess the significance of media coverage and conversations, online and on social media platforms, to provide awareness, context, and recommended actions, if any. Maintaining a consistent picture of relevant news coverage and conversations in order to quickly distill the relative importance of coverage and identify important trends that can impact the Surface Navy’s reputation and ongoing communication efforts.
- Provide mass media monitoring and analysis, with a specific focus on the news media, but also to include internet-based social media and other media.
- Leverage data reporting and experience to generate hypotheses and actionable recommendations to the CNSP public affairs team to improve the performance of communication goals/campaigns.
- Prepare and conduct surveys to help gain a balanced understanding of audience perceptions and impressions. The survey will be administered using a secure online survey platform (SurveyMonkey or SurveyGizmo) to gather key data points and perspectives from participants. For example, at the Commander’s Training Symposium or other CNSP attended event.
- Must possess a Degree in Analytics and/or Business Administration and/or Digital Media and/or Marketing and/or Media & Multimedia Arts preferred.
- At least 5+ years of experience with Strategic Communications, Stakeholder engagement.
- Must have a sharp, analytical mind with a history of turning data into actionable insights and recommendations to optimize communication campaigns.
- Must have knowledge of traditional and digital media and understand how and why they are utilized in developing strategic campaigns.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of digital media workflow, measurement, research, optimization, and testing methods.?
- Must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills including conducting executive level presentations.?
- Must have excellent project management skills; strong attention to detail and cross-team collaboration?
- Must possess a current Secret Clearance.
- Strong working knowledge of analytics platforms and tools (DoubleCLick, Facebook, Google Analytics), BI Tools (Tableau, Domo etc).
- Proficiency with syndicated and proprietary media research tools.
- Advanced user Microsoft Office Suite and reporting tools. Very strong Excel skills.
- Experienced working in the digital analytics field.
- Structured Query Language (SQL) ability a plus.
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success.