Media Specialist III (Comms/Pubs) – Seattle, WA
Assists in the development of materials for distribution to the media and general public through appropriate protocols. Submits written material as requested.
Specific tasks include:
- Produces and/or edits multi-media content for website and social media platforms including Twitter and Facebook.
- Web point of contact for building webpages in HTML and serving as lead member on transition team to move web content into new content management system (Drupal) in support of national website development
- Edits and posts content on website for field season “blog” and AFSC web stories
- Produces (i.e., script writing, storyboard development, video editing and final production) short-format videos for use on web and social media
- Uses analytical tools (e.g., google, Twitter) to produce a monthly report to evaluate the effectiveness of Communications Program web and social media communications efforts/products
- Performs a variety of tasks/assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess a Masters degree from an accredited college or university with a major in journalism or communications.
- 5 years demonstrated experience as a scientific journalist. NOTE: A PhD in a related field may be used as a substitute for 3 years of the required experience.
- Knowledge of writing and editing for Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Proficient in writing and editing for the web and social media platforms (with ability to come up with several iterations of post copy to grow following on social media.
- Experienced in use of HTML and Dreamweaver, Content Management systems like Drupal for posting web stories, Photoshop and Illustrator to curate photos and graphics and experience working with visual/graphic designers, photographers and videographers to produce visual media products for visual platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine and Periscope and other social media platforms as needed.
- Individual must be experienced in creating and adapting content for use in Twitter, Facebook and Drupal/blogs, and in providing general office support to successfully perform the requirements under this task order.
- Experience evaluating content inventories, matching agency business objectives with top tasks to help prioritize and organize content, information architecture, content mapping, structured content, content models and types.
- Must be able to read and speak fluent English
- Must be able to pass a Federal background check
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Working knowledge of Drupal
- Familiarity with use of analytical tools such as Google analytics, Foresee and Twitter analytics to track communications program activities/output success.
- Experience in digital media including YouTube and other new tools as needed.
- Basic knowledge of available digital media communication tools, metrics and ability to research and identify innovative technical and platform options and solutions to meet evolving digital communication needs.
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success.