Media Specialist III (Graphics) – Seattle, WA
Assists in the development of materials for distribution to the media and general public through appropriate protocols. Submits written material as requested.
Specific tasks include:
- Assists in the development of materials for distribution to the media and general public through appropriate protocols.
- Supports Communications staff in development of various communications materials for web and social media platforms.
- Produces graphics, illustrations, infographics, animations and other web-based and video products to support media and outreach projects.
- Maintains project archives and monitors and updates project status reports.
- Supports education and outreach staff at various public and internal events as required.
- Performs a variety of tasks/assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess a Masters degree from an accredited college or university with a major in journalism or communications.
- 5 years demonstrated experience as a scientific journalist. NOTE: A PhD in a related field may be used as a substitute for 3 years of the required experience.
- Ability to create visual concepts (e.g., illustrations, technical drawings and animations), by hand or using computer software;
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, AfterEffects, Premiere Pro, etc) to take and curate photos, graphics, animations and/or videos for print and electronic media, such as brochures, and web;
- Experienced in layout and production design;
- Experienced in use of PowerPoint for animation and visual displays;
- Experienced developing short-format videos, closed captioning in Adobe or other products;
- Comfortable working with clients or the graphics design lead to determine the scope of a project.
- Must be able to read and speak fluent English
- Must be able to pass a Federal background check
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Familiarity with creating and adapting visual content for use in Twitter, Facebook and Drupal/blogs and web;
- Ability to operate video cameras, audio recording tools and digitizing software (e.g., Adobe Audition) and studio lighting;
- Familiarity with converting various graphic, audio, and video formats for use in PC/Mac environments;
- Experience operating and maintaining large-format printers to produce posters, banners and other materials.
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success.