Medical Administrative Assistant – Mayport, FL
Support the Medical Readiness Division and Embedded Mental Health programs by administratively checking in patients, directing patients to the appropriate location within the clinic, answering phone calls, routing phone calls to the appropriate person within MRD/EMH, take routine messages, answer routine questions about clinic procedures, hours, etc., send patients routine reminders, and draft, file and route routine correspondence for approval.
Specific tasks include:
- Greet patients/visitors at a front desk, information center or office setting.
- Answer main office phone line. Direct telephone calls to appropriate section for assistance. Take messages as required.
- Arrange and schedule medical appointments and determine patient eligibility for services.
- Relay general instructions to patients, or make referrals to other sections.
- File medical records as needed to include scanning and electronically uploading hardcopy medical records into the military medical computer systems.
- Perform other administrative and clerical duties in support of the medical care and operational support.
- Create appointment schedules and templates in patient appointment computer system.
- Conduct end-of-day process at close of business and resolves any delinquent or pending appointments in computer system.
- Possess a High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalency.
- Possess 6 months of experience in office setting.
- Must be able to type a minimum of 50 words per minute.
- Possess knowledge of general medical ethics, telephone etiquette, and excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Possess and maintain general office administrative and clerical skills to perform receptionist duties and answer telephones.
- Possess and maintain knowledge of medical terminology.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Must be able to read and speak fluent English.
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success.