**Requires an current active Secret Clearance**
Provide multiple types on Multimedia expertise services for the U.S. Navy’s Surface Forces.
Specific tasks include:
- Surface Warfare Magazine Services task include:
- Provide submission guidelines, deadlines, and expectations as required by the Public Affairs Officer, Editorial Advisor, and Executive Editor to external and internal customers submitting content for publication.
- Review and edit submitted content for clarity, style requirements, and organizational policy compliance before creating related layout and design.
- Receive editorial input from COMNAVSURFPAC Public Affairs Staff (Public Affairs Officer, Editorial Advisor, and Executive Editor) regarding areas of focus or special consideration for publication before creating related layout and design.
- Work with external Government and civilian printing agencies to ensure product technical requirements, deadlines and materials meet industry standards and client timelines and format. Contractor shall immediately alert any discrepancies to Public Affairs Officer, Editorial Advisor, and Executive Editor verbally and in writing (email).
- When complete and by assigned deadline, prepare and submit draft printed copy of Surface Warfare Magazine to COMNAVSURFPAC Public Affairs Officer for review, edits and eventual approval.
- Produce finished electronic copy of quarterly Surface Warfare Magazine, including all changes/corrections from COMNAVSURFPAC Public Affairs Officer by assigned “out to print” date.
- Prepare press-ready electronic files for delivery to contracted printing agency (DLA Document Printing Services) by assigned “out to print” date.
- Graphic Services task include:
- Prepare and develop electronic graphics for use in publications or events as specified by the COMANVSURFPAC Public Affairs Officer. Each graphic design assignment outside of Surface Warfare magazine will have its own unique deadline based on command and public affairs priorities.
- Provide multi-media and graphic design support for Surface Warfare Magazine and other COMNAVSURFPAC Public Affairs tasks using appropriate software including Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, Design, Illustrator, and Photoshop) and any new versions are upgrades that come available during the period of performance. Each graphic design assignment outside of Surface Warfare magazine will have its own unique deadline based on command and public affairs priorities.
- Support Surface Warfare Magazine and COMNAVSURFPAC Public Affairs, the Contractor shall provide color correction and processing of imagery that meets or exceeds the highest ethical standards followed by the DoD and the news industry as set forth in Chapter 8 of the DoD Visual Information Style Guide and DoD Instruction 5040.02. The Contractor shall maintain knowledge in the graphic design domain and have a strong technical aptitude to learn new and evolving multimedia production tools, methodology, technologies and resources
- Communications Services task include:
- Create communication products for use by U.S. Navy’s Surface Forces, internal and external audiences. Standards shall be consistent with DOD, Navy and industry standards to the maximum extent practical, or meet the requirements specified by the COMANVSURFPAC Public Affairs Officer. Products may include brochures, posters, flyers, business cards, photo editing, printing/finishing of products, graphic design and website/social media visuals. The majority of work is computer-generated. Each graphic design assignment outside of Surface Warfare magazine will have its own unique deadline based on command and public affairs priorities.
- After themes for respective Surface Warfare Magazine edition are determined, the Contractor shall research and collect relevant content, including submitted and/or publicly released articles, visual information and graphics. This content will be found on Navy.mil, DVIDS, or will be submitted by lower echelon commands. Content will be used to create magazine layout designs to be included in the magazine and completed by deadlines associated with respective edition of magazine.
- Create original written content for inclusion in the magazine as directed by the COMNAVSURFPAC Public Affairs Officer by magazine edition content due date.
- Visual Media Services task include:
- Perform photographer duties for studio appointments to take official Government photographs and other official command activities and/or events using DSLR camera and studio lighting. Imagery will be edited using government provided Adobe editing software, archived, and provided to customer via print out or email (per customer request) by the next business day..
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Must possess a Current Secret Clearance.
- Recent print and electronic magazine graphic designing, editing, proofing, archiving, and layout experience. Must be able to take COMNAVSURFPAC public affairs approved stories/text and create visually appealing print and electronic media by using a variety of methods such as color, type, photo illustration, infographics, and various layout techniques.
- Expert knowledge and skill in Adobe software – Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Acrobat. Thorough knowledge of computer equipment, and peripherals including printers, scanners, and digital cameras. Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Basic proofreading skills; ensure that requested text changes are incorporated into publications undergoing revision.
- Thorough knowledge of the methods and techniques of graphic design and printing. This includes preparing electronic files for printing and providing detailed written instructions to printers for a variety of complex reproduction elements such as type specifications, paper stock, ink, folding, scoring, and binding techniques.
Advanced knowledge and use of DSLR cameras, studio lighting equipment, and lighting techniques.
- Experience working collaboratively with all internal and external team members, i.e. social media, website developers, Navy mass communication specialists and public affairs officers, etc. to effectively get the Surface Force commander’s message across in build out editorial calendar for each magazine edition; ensure that all content is up to Naval Surface Forces Pacific visual and editorial public release standards, including visuals; constantly evaluate content success and pass feedback on to Surface Force Pacific public affairs leadership.
- Able to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally; present ideas clearly and concisely. Apply good listening and customer-service skills; ability to communicate with diverse audiences.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and meet agreed-upon deadlines. Ability to function effectively in a team setting where work belongs to the team not the individual.
- Experience fulfilling internal requests for images, logo artwork or requests for design assistance on a variety of projects from PowerPoint presentations to pamphlets; design email templates for a variety of internal and external email communications as well as standard templates in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and InDesign for command and Force-wide use.
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success.