Personnel Property Custodians – US Special Ops Command, Stennis Space Center, Stennis, MS
Specific tasks include:
- Assisting with inventory control and replenishment of NSW operational gear issue line items valued more than $1.5M.
- Assisting in maintaining individual equipment issue records for command personnel.
- Assisting in drafting detailed gear issue recommendations and operational test findings to the command.
- Providing recommendations regarding possible gear issue policy to NSWG-4.
- Preparing and submitting draft program status reports to NSWG-4.
- Assisting in forecasting annual program funding requirements. This assists the command in identifying annual funding requirements for Phased Equipment Replacement Program (PERP) items.
- Continually researching innovative commercial modifications/repair practices to enhance operator gear safety, comfort, function, and extended service life. Note, this does not include interacting with vendors or contractors.
- Assembling rapid-deployable gear issue pack-ups kits tailored for specific geographical regions (i.e., woodland, winter, and desert) as required.
- Assisting in inventorying material received from various supply sources. This includes validating quantities, stock/part numbers, unit of issue, and other descriptive data shown on receipt documentation with material received.
- Assisting in inspecting contracted repair gear upon receipt to ensure complete conformance to the applicable Statement of Work (SOW)/Performance Work Statement (PWS)/Product Description (PD) prior to acceptance, making report to the Supply Officer.
- Assisting in conducting material inventory/location audits to determine location validity and quantity. Correcting location/inventory discrepancies through data input of Defense Property Accountability System (DPAS) as discovered, relocate, and consolidate stock material as required.
- Packaging and preparing outgoing material re-supply shipments for units and detachments deployed throughout the world. Maintaining deployed detachment pack-up gear issue files.
- Assisting the Government by interfacing with Kentucky Logistics Operations Center (KYLOC) and Special Operations Forces Support Activity (SOFSA) to allow the Government manager to order needed and available various uniforms items and Special Operations Forces Personal Equipment Advance Requirement (SPEAR) program items.
- Travel may be required to attend quarterly NSW operational gear planning meetings.
- Must have an active Secret Security Clearance.
- Must have, at a minimum, five (5) years of inventory processing within the last 10 years.
- A minimum, five (5) years of experience performing the same or substantially similar duties as an active-duty military member or as a civilian Personal Property Custodian working for a U.S. military organization, preferred.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of experience working with Defense Property Accountability System (DPAS).
- Must have a valid state driver’s license in the state they are working under this contract.
- Shall be able to complete and pass a written and practical examination(s) for a forklift license that will be issued by a U.S. Government Representative post award. Each Personal Property Custodian shall be able to drive a government vehicle up to 2-1/4 tons, 4K, and 6K forklifts.
- Possess significant analytical, organizational, coordination, and communication skills to effectively balance and schedule competing priorities.
- Must ensure that readiness requirements and combatant craft detachment logistical issues are met.
- Substantial working knowledge of personal computer systems, including Microsoft Office software programs and AMHS to prepare correspondence, Power Point slides, Excel spread sheets, and military message traffic.
- Knowledge of the federal budget process to enable proper budget and accounting of operational requirements.
- Must be able to read and speak fluent English.
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success.