Picture Archiving and Communications System (PACS) Administrator – Keesler AFB, Biloxi, MS
Responsible for monitoring and troubleshooting of picture archive and communication system (PACS), providing training on PACS to new users, working cordially with radiologists and other department members, developing policies and plans for effective functioning of the facilities, delegating responsibilities to subordinates in the department, and participating in strategic management for the organization.
Specific tasks include:
- Ensures equipment and network are operational before, during, and after a scheduled procedure. Maintains equipment maintenance according to MDG IC Guidelines, manufacturer specifications on quality assurance/controls.
- Performs operational check or inspections, calibration, and quality control levels according to the manufacturer specifications. Assists with quality assurance/controls and improvement efforts, staffing requirements, and data (collection, analysis, and biometrics). Document any quality control levels and follow MERC and manufacturers inspection requirements.
- Complies with MDG IC guidelines and Department OIs, performs daily operational administrative duties, and supports staff development training.
- Participates in administrative/support functions as well as continuing education programs to maintain skill and/or knowledge in order to meet the medical center's vision of train, teach and treat, and delivering Trusted Care Principles.
- Adds/Changes/Deletes users on PACS, ScImage, and related systems, including adding new users, putting new users into appropriate user groups, granting appropriate privileges, changing user profiles, deleting/inactivating users, and maintaining all other PACS, ScImage, and Voice Dictation System user management functions.
- Provides User Training, including planning and coordinating training (personnel, site, equipment, materials) with equipment manufacture personnel, upon system purchase and during software upgrades devices (purchased workstations, servers, archives, etc. supplied by product manufacturer), moves or removes manufacturer supplied hardware, adds workstation licenses, database license, Digital Imaging and Communication Medicine (DICOM) licenses, Radiology Information System (RIS) interface licenses, etc.
- Trains additional users and provides refresher training for all users as needed.
- Installs and sets up workstation hardware supplied by the organization, including physicians' computers to be able to use PACS viewing software Diagnostic/Review Desktop workstation license.
- Notifies, plans, and coordinates installation with product manufacture personnel to add modality connections, including interfaces to new modalities when directed by MERC.
- Notifies and coordinates with product manufacture personnel when moves/changes to modalities' DICOM storage locations are required.
- Plans and coordinates software upgrades with product manufacture personnel.
- Coordinates the installation and maintenance of other software programs (e.g., Microsoft office, e-mail, etc.) to workstations.
- Monitors studies, transfers external patient exams to PACS, and corrects studies when images are in the wrong study, when study is in the wrong patient folder or when patient merge, study re-allocation, or image re-allocation is required.
- Corrects information using Database Management Tool, when patient information is wrong; and for creating new patients, changing patient information.
- Notifies product manufacturer when problems associated with product manufacturer supplied hardware requires involvement of product manufacturer personnel for resolution.
- Analyzes and solves problems related to hardware and software supplied. Works with manufacturer and Information Services personnel to resolve problems, e.g., images cannot be sent or viewed, backup or storage management does not work correctly, reports do not go into the correct folders, and any other technical issues as they arise.
- Tracks and notifies product manufacturer personnel when modality software upgrades, RIS/Hospital Information System (HIS) system software upgrades, or other related information system upgrades are required as directed by MERC.
- Collaborates with and assists the Department of Radiology with PACS network usage issues as necessary to support the Cardiology department.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in related healthcare field or information systems. Equivalent experience considered in lieu of education, or; directly related work experience may substitute education on a year-for-year basis.
- Minimum of two years of experience as a PACS technician/administrator within the last four years to include experience in basic troubleshooting on medical equipment, communicating and working with biomedical equipment technicians as well as equipment manufacturing companies to assist in diagnosing and resolving of issues with equipment.
- Must possess and maintain a BLS.
- Must Possess CompTia Security+.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and have working knowledge of computers, specifically the Internet, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, and Windows.
- Must be able to stand while wearing up to 25 pounds of PPE for up to 2 hours.
- Must be able to read and speak fluent English
- Must be able to pass a Federal background check
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success.