Psychiatric Technician – Mayport, FL
Work directly under the supervision of EMH psychiatrists, psychologists, mental health nurse practitioners and/or licensed clinical social workers to provide group and individual psychoeducational services and assist in coordination of patient care.
Specific tasks include:
- Conduct or assist in treatment and rehabilitation of patients.
- Perform initial basic assessment procedures including standardized psychological screening, clinical interviewing, mental status examinations, substance abuse evaluations, and psychological and nursing assessment.
- Identify potential mental health and nursing diagnoses and provide patient education.
- Observe, monitor, record, and report patient's progress.
- Conduct or assist in conducting group and individual counseling, therapeutic community, and other related milieu activities.
- Institute precautionary measures to prevent patient injury, interpersonal violence or suicide.
- Obtain and record vital signs.
- Coordinate with other agencies regarding specified care, treatment, prevention, rehabilitation, and administrative functions. Contact military and community agencies to obtain collateral information.
- Explain mental health services to patients or others.
- Assist in, or arrange patient referral to public, private, and military community agencies.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports pertaining to specialty services.
- Prepare and maintain treatment records.
- Provide administrative support to include front desk coverage, telephone check-ins, appointment reminders, and appointment bookings as required.
- Must possess a certificate from an accredited Psychiatric Technician Program; or completion of an equivalent education and experience that meets the requirement of the American Association of Psychiatric Technicians or completion of education and experience as a behavioral science specialist/technician in the United States military and proof of having completed an Armed Forces course involving psychiatric technician training or civilian course from an accredited school in the care of behavioral health patients.
- Must possess at least one year of experience as a Psychiatric Technician after graduation in the Mental Health field; experience shall be within the past two years.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Must be able to read and speak fluent English.
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success.