Psychologist – Norfolk, VA
Participate in the Embedded Mental Health program by providing recognition, treatment, and management of psychosocial/behavioral problems and conditions. The scope and responsibilities of this position shall include targeted assessment and evaluation, including diagnostic impressions and functional status focused on the presenting problem/issue. The position shall make mental health fitness for duty assessments in accordance with applicable Navy regulations to include limited duty and administrative separation.
Specific tasks include:
- Practice within the guidelines of their state licensing board, American Psychological Association Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct, and clinical privileges.
- Conduct psychological evaluations utilizing information from clinical interviews, psychological testing, and collateral sources, as appropriate.
- Establish psychiatric diagnoses according to the American Psychiatric Association Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Disorders.
- Provide psychological treatment for individuals and groups; help medical and surgical patients deal with illnesses or injuries.
- Assist in rehabilitation of patients.
- Treat individuals in times of personal crisis such as a divorce or death of a loved one.
- Interview patients and study medical and social case histories.
- Diagnose and evaluate mental and emotional disorders of individuals and administer programs of treatment.
- Deliver brief, consultation-based services to patients using an integrated care model.
- Provide timely and succinct feedback to members of the mental health care team regarding consultations findings and recommendations.
- Determine the appropriateness of the patient receiving services and assisting with implementation of treatment plans.
- Formulate interventions appropriate to setting and assisting with implementation of treatment plans.
- Provide brief follow ups, including relapse –prevention education.
- Develop and teach classes that promote education and skill-building to enhance psychological and physical health.
- Evaluate between 8-14 patients a day.
- Provide concise documentation of care and recommendations in patient’s medical record in no less than 72 hours after the patient is seen.
- Provide technical direction and clinical insight into relevant projects being conducted at the site of service.
- Must possess Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) from an American Psychology Association accredited college or university with a doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology.
- Completed a one year internship at an American Psychological Association accredited internship site. OR Must possess one year of experience in the last four years in the evaluation and treatment of patients who have pain, psychological factors affecting their physical condition, or difficulty coping with medical problems or environmental stresses.
- Must provide two letters of recommendation written within the preceding two years from practicing providers, supervisors or program administrators attesting to the contract worker professional skills, competencies, patient rapport, training abilities, etc. Recommendation letters must include; name, title, phone number, date of recommendation, address and signature of the individual providing the recommendation.
- Must possess a current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a psychologist in any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico or US Virgin Islands.
- Clinical experience within the past two years.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Must be able to read and speak fluent English.
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success.