Registered Nurse Manager/ER Supervisor – Nellis Air Force Base, Las Vegas, NV
Ensure patients have adequate care coverage by coordinating staffing, while monitoring the flow of patients in and out of the hospital. That also includes managing employee injuries and sick calls, and even managing visitors at times.
Specific tasks include:
- Ensures nursing personnel are compliant IAW with nursing practices and hospital standards, regulations, and policies
- Serves as a resource and intervenes when necessary to resolve issues that are unresolvable at the staff level
- Will notify hospital leadership per hospital notification matrix, as needed, for any hospital patient issues or concerns such as hospital diversions, unresolved staffing issues, staff injuries that results in hospitalization, staff members or patient hospital violence or unusual occurrences
- Will assist with all hospital movement to include transfers between units, admissions from the outpatient clinics, Emergency Department, Post Anesthesia Care Unit, Operating Room or Veterans Medical Facility
- Will ensure Admissions and Disposition is contacted for all admissions and transfers and verify bed availability with unit and accepting provider
- Assist unit charge nurse project daily staffing needs based on acuity, safe care, and staff availability
- Float personnel to other units based on level of expertise.
- The nursing supervisor acts as representative of executive chief nurse in his/her absence and is directly responsible to the same for his/her actions.
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree. Graduate from a baccalaureate degree (BSN) program in nursing accredited by a national nursing accrediting agency recognized by the US Department of Education.
- Must a current BLS through an American Heart Association. Certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced, and Life Support (PALS) encouraged, but not required.
- Must possess a Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) Certificate.
- Minimum of five years as a Registered Nurse.
- Experience with ALTHA and CHCS is preferred but not required.
- Experience in critical care, emergency nursing, and/or medical surgical nursing preferred, but not mandatory.
- Have the ability to provide clinical and operational knowledge on hospital and nursing standards, regulations, policies, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.
- Must be able to read and speak fluent English
- Must be able to pass a Federal background check
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success.