Technical Writer – Suitland, MD
Assist the Data Ingest and Collection for the Enterprise (DICE) program management office and the DICE systems teams in providing their Census enterprise survey lifecycle (eSDLC) documentation which include system-level architectural, engineering, and security system design and development specifics and support to development of training materials.
Specific tasks include:
- Work with teams to plan, develop, organize, write and maintain design documents (high-level and detailed) as well as project requirements that include but not limited to, new or modified user interfaces (screens) and report formats, record layouts, data flow diagrams, and pseudo code along with narrative text to effectively document the design approach.
- Participate in sessions such as Joint Application Development sessions or Use Case sessions to assist with the design documentation..
- Develop solutions and system design documentation including items such as Entity-Relationship diagrams, business logic diagram, UML modeling, and data dictionaries, etc.), and provide program/system components, flow and logic.
- Support the system teams in creation of the Survey Development Life Cycle (SDLC) or as required by the Program office documentation and deliverables, and related security documentation.
- Research, develop, and document technical design specifications and test scripts.
- Produce electronic documentation, in addition to hard copy manuals.
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature and maintain a complete library of technical terminology and documentation.
- Work with DICE Product Owners and system teams to plan, develop, organize, write, and maintain user guides, standard operating procedures, and training materials according to Bureau standards including 508 compliance.
- Must possess a Bachelors’ degree in English, Communication, Computer Science or related field.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Tools such as Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint, and managing these files within SharePoint.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in planning, writing, proof reading, editing, page composition, maintaining eSDLC documents, training manuals and other technical documentation including creating outlines and drafts for review and approval by customer technical leads.
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills with ability to write clearly and succinctly for multiple audiences using either formal or more casual tones.
- Ability to gather customer feedback on documentation to improve usability.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to adapt rapidly to a changing industry and be able to adjust responsibilities, time, and objectives accordingly.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex content.
- Experience working with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) both in-person and remote.
- Must be able to read and speak fluent English.
- Must be able to pass a Federal background check.
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success.