Travel Clerk/Data Entry Operator II – Norfolk, VA
Experience in Travel required
Active Government Clearance required
Provide customer service to all Commander, Naval Surface Force, Atlantic (CNSL) fleet ships, employees and customers involving the execution of Defense Travel Program Authorizations and Vouchers. Provide support to CNSL in preparation and review of travel authorization and vouchers providing specific Defense Travel Support (DTS) for CNSL HQ and their subordinate commands.
Specific tasks include:
- Responsible for ensuring that travelers complete the travel authorization documentation in accordance with defense travel regulations.
- Responsible for cradle-to-grave overall, upon receipt of a Passenger Reservation Reques (PRR), to ensure that the travel authorization is properly completed and that the travelers’ requirements will be met.
- Make all necessary travel arrangements to include, identifying proper flights, hotels, and rental car – and reserving those for the traveler.
- Monitor and track both approved and unapproved travel. Ensure that arrangements have been properly reserved and/or funded to ensure that the travelers’ can accomplish the mission.
- Must follow all procedures outlined in the Joint Travel Regulations, Defense Table of Official Distance and the Defense Travel Management Office (DTMO) issued instructions as applicable to ensure that Authorizations are correct, corrected, and properly documented in DTS.
- Responsible for ensuring that vouchers and sub vouchers are properly completed in DTS and that the traveler has provided requisite supporting receipts and documentation. Responsible for doing the tasks necessary to ensure that all documents are properly uploaded into DTS, to include the actual uploading of vouchers, receipts, and other relevant documentation.
- Provide subject matter expertise and support to Approving Officials to identify and resolve travel authorization and voucher processing problems encountered.
- Provide sound judgment and advice to travelers in accurately completing various DTS travel or related documents following internal and external policies and procedures.
- Monitor and track vouchers; and communicate directly with travelers and/or Command Pass Coordinators (CPC) for those who have not submitted vouchers within five (5) days after the traveler returns. Responsible for making sure that travelers submit their travel vouchers no later than 30 days after completion of travel.
- Monitor and track all vouchers in DTS – and research, collect data, and effect any corrections to incorrectly completed vouchers.
- Obtain view only access to CitiManager tool to verify that the correct travel card charges have been included when preparing vouchers.
- Assist with reviewing all required travel reports on a daily, weekly, monthly and/or quarterly frequency, as required, and provide assistance with correcting, clearing up suspended or rejects and provide follow up to ensure action has been completed.
- Monitor after-hours duty phone, as required, to assist travelers with emergency travel and travel-related issues.
- Must possess a High School Diploma.
- A minimum of 3 years of practical hands on experience utilizing various DTS applications to provide effective and efficient program employment in executing the organization’s travel requirements. This experience also includes the ability to assess various organizational travel programs in accordance with governing regulations and providing planned routine and on-the-spot training on all aspects of DTS employment.
- Must have knowledge in DoD JTR policies and procedures; Working knowledge of processing travel authorizations, travel vouchers using DTS and Transaction Online Processing System (TOPS).
- Experience should include DTS travel documents, Non-DTS Entry Agent (NDEA) functions, cancellation procedures, constructed travel, Fiscal Year (FY) crossover, group Travel, itinerary changes, routing lists, and reports.
- Functional experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel applications.
- Ability to work independently and professionally with military and civilian personnel.
- Understanding of Department of the Navy policies for protection of Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and sound skills in written and oral communication is a must.
- Must be able to read and speak fluent English.
- Must be able to pass a Federal background check.
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success.