Web Developer – Occupational Environmental Health Department (USAFSAM/OE), Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio
Facilitate new capabilities within the Human Performance Wing Support system (HPWS) for the Occupational Environmental Health Department.
Specific tasks include:
- Complete a two-to-three-week orientation & training period in order to introduce them to the HPWS application framework. This training period will include a short, training project where the Web developer shall be required to demonstrate their skills and technical ability.
- Interact with government customers to understand technical requirements for computer programming projects.
- Participate in the creation of technical documentation. This includes writing functional requirements documents, system design documents, relational database diagrams (ERDs), test plans, deployment plans, training material, and other project management artifacts.
- Produce new capabilities within HPWS, based upon information contained within design specifications provided by the government.
- Produce training content for web application screens as well as conducting in-person training for end users if needed.
- Participate in regularly scheduled and ad hoc project meetings. These may be in person, over the telephone, or using AF-approved virtual meeting software (DAF365 Microsoft Teams).
- Communicate project status weekly to primary stakeholders and project management personnel in person, via email, and through the use of government-proscribed tools and documentation.
- Complete programming projects that comply with existing coding standards, design styles, and project management methodologies for all projects within the HPWS System.
- Support 508 Accessibility standards (W3C WCAG 2.0) in the design, production and maintenance of all user interfaces.
- Support the Risk Management Framework (RMF) Certification & Accreditation process on behalf of 711 HPW/ OMCI for the HPWS application.
- Complete government-furnished training on operational security, information assurance, Privacy Act, and records management.
- Must be available for scheduled and ad hoc meetings and tele-conferences via DAF365 Microsoft Teams during core working hours. Work schedules will not exceed 40 hours per week.
- Minimum Educational Requirements (one of the following):
- B.S. in Computer Science and 5 years relevant work experience
- Any Bachelor’s Degree and 6 years relevant work experience
- Any post-secondary education and 8 years relevant work experience
- Must have Technical Level II certification (CompTia Security+).
- Must have experience designing and understanding relational database models. This includes experience creating database objects, such as tables, views, sequences, and triggers.
- Must have experience working with enterprise level relational database systems such as Oracle and/or SQL Server. This experience should include writing and understanding complex SQL queries, stored procedures, and general experience with DBMS procedural language, such as PL/SQL or Transact SQL.
- Must have experience reading, understanding, and creating database procedural logic using stored procedures and functions.
- Must have experience performing system analysis & design, and the production technical documentation.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and sound skills in written and oral communication is a must.
- Must be able to read and speak fluent English
- Must be able to pass a Federal background check
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success.