Wounded Warrior Nurse Case Manager – Tyndall Air Force Base, FL
Proactively identifies and evaluates patients and families as the Wounded Warrior case manager from a variety of sources such as discharge/disposition planning referrals, the Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) process, the healthcare system, employers and facility staff.
Specific tasks include:
- Conducts systematic, on-going, thorough collection of patient's physical, emotional, psychological, social and medical status and information via direct patient contact and other relevant sources such as professional and non-professional caregivers, medical records, family/caregiver interviews.
- Develops an appropriate patient-specific plan of care to include short and long term goals, objectives and actions.
- Guides the patient and family/care giver through the healthcare system, maximizing use of resources.
- Promotes adherence to treatment plans for improved healthcare outcomes.
- Ensures coordination of care delivery processes, to include alternate healthcare settings and the home environment, for the purposes of enhancing the patient's health and wellness, safety, productivity, and quality of life, and for providing the most beneficial, cost-effective health care.
- Develops, utilizes and maintains a variety of military and community resources to optimize access to services and medical care.
- Ensures timely and appropriate provision of services.
- Documents and updates the treatment plan as needed in accordance with existing DoD, AF, local facility and other agency guidelines.
- Monitoring patient's adherence and response to the treatment plan.
- Travel outside of the local MTF and/or off the military installation may be necessary.
- Coordinates and participates in interdisciplinary team meetings, designated facility meetings, and Care Coordination meetings.
- Shares knowledge and experiences gained from own clinical nursing practice and education relevant to nursing and case management.
- Must possess an Associate’s Degree of Nursing / Graduate from a college or university accredited by National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Must possess a current, full, active, and unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse.
- Must possess a current Certified Case Manager (CCM) certification.
- Must have at least 36 months of total nursing experience in a direct patient care clinical setting. Must have utilization management, utilization review or case management experience for 24 recent consecutive months.
- Must possess a current active Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and sound skills in written and oral communication is a must.
- Must be able to read and speak fluent English
- Must be able to pass a Federal background check
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success.