Administrative Assistant – US Special Ops Command, Naval Amphibious Base, Coronado, CA
Specific tasks include:
- Assisting the Command Defense Ready (DEPREP) Manager in database entry and report generation and analysis.
- Assisting in maintaining the Individual Tempo (I-TEMPO) personnel databases for personnel assigned to the command.
- Collecting travel reports from command Department Heads and consolidating data.
- Assisting with the submission of message reports and Naval Special Warfare Information Management System (NSWIMS) software generated reports through the chain of command.
- Assisting and coordinating with the Executive Officer, Operations Officer, and appropriate Department Heads and NSWG-4 ITEMPO Coordinator when individual I-TEMPO indicators are approaching maximum levels.
- Assisting command members with passport submissions to include identifying application requirements.
- Assisting with the processing of TAD requests for all unit personnel travel and for all exercise, deployment, and special tasking travel performed by command personnel. Assisting in processing TAD requests via the Defense Travel System (DTS) program. Assisting in review of data and travel requests received from departments and detachments for completeness and suspicious obligation amounts prior to routing for approval by the Executive Officer.
- Assist in ensuring accurate data is collected for maintenance of records, files, and documentation of expenditures.
- Assisting in liaising with the local commercial travel office for arrangements of travel to localities in/out of CONUS.
- Assist in analyzing and answering questions on completed travel orders and contacts PSD for resolution of problems or discrepancies in computation of payment.
- Performing analysis of non-liquidated travel claims to determine reasons for outstanding balances and recommends courses of action to clear the travel claims.
- Maintaining a tickler file to follow-up on all outstanding travel claims.
- Maintaining a check register for internal control of advances and final liquidations.
- Performing routine maintenance on command personnel DTS profiles to ensure accuracy for address, credit card numbers, expiration dates, and bank account numbers.
- Assisting the Command Government Travel Charge Card Coordinator.
- Assist in collecting and compiling all documentation pertaining to the travel credit card program.
- Running monthly reports on airline ticket refunds, returned statements, pre suspension, aging analysis, and transactions over $2,500.00, account renewals, new accounts, account listings, lost/stolen accounts, transaction activity, exception report on foreign vendors, non-travel activity, authorizations/declines, credit balances, delinquencies, ATM/cash activity exemption for all command travel card holder accounts.
- Informing APC of any noted discrepancies.
- Assisting a Government Employee and/or active-duty member in identifying deploying members with mission critical status, members who need temporary increases on credit and cash advances for the duration of deployment, and ensuring travelers have valid and current expiration dates during deployment.
- Assists a Government Employee and/or active-duty member in identifying new command members completion of informational forms, DTS registration, and Travel Card applications. They will assist in initial review and completeness for service member benefit and accuracy prior to final Government review and approval.
- Must have an active Secret Security Clearance.
- Must have, at a minimum, five (5) years of Administrative Assistant experience within the last ten (10) years.
- A minimum, five (5) years of experience performing the same or substantially similar duties as an active-duty military member or as a civilian Administrative Assistant working for a U.S. military organization.
- Must have three (3) years of experience working with the DTS, preferred.
- Must have substantial working knowledge and proficiency in computer systems and software to include, but is not limited to; Microsoft Office software programs, Automatic Message Handling System (AMHS) to prepare correspondence, Power Point slides, Excel spreadsheets, and military message traffic.
- Significant analytical, organizational, coordination, and communication skills to effectively balance and schedule competing priorities.
- Must be able to read and speak fluent English
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success.