Network Engineer – US Air Force, MacDill Air Force Base, Tampa, FL
Responsible for Network Infrastructure and Functional Systems Administration and Engineering Support for the 6th Medical Group 6 (MDG). Also, responsible for the configuration, maintenance and operations of the 6 MDG network, associated Network Infrastructure (currently Brocade) and 6 MDG common office automation systems to include, but not limited to Nutanix and NetApps Storage Area Networks, Microsoft SQL Server, Server Virtualization and RightFax Server. In addition, you will be responsible for the configuration, maintenance and operations of clinical systems and applications to include, Radiology Picture Archive and Communication System (PACS), Optifill Pharmacy Refill System, Pharmacy Dispensing System (PharmAssist), GSL Pharmacy Dispensing System, Pyxis Pharmacy Dispensing Station, Dental Radiology Picture Archive and Communication System, AudioCare Patient Notification System, and Digital Voice Fusion Dictation System.
Specific tasks include:
- Install, configure and manage switches, routers, wireless access points and other network infrastructure equipment. The contractor shall maintain and update routing tables, operating systems, security patches, and upgrades ensuring 99% network up-time during normal business hours.
- Manage and control network Internet Protocol ranges and scopes.
- Provide technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations.
- Compile and maintain records, reports and change management logs concerning network maintenance.
- Troubleshoot network performance issues. Analyze network traffic and provide capacity planning solutions.
- Monitor and respond to facility hardware and software problems. Interface with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance. Elevate issues to the government lead for support at a Program Management Office level.
- Perform system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, operating system and other platform specifications.
- Plan large-scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies.
- Perform a variety of systems engineering tasks and activities that are broad in nature and are concerned with major systems design, integration, and implementation, including, hardware, software, budgetary, and support facilities and/or equipment.
- Provide quality assurance review and the evaluation of new and existing software products.
- Perform network and systems operations activities, including computer and telecommunications/communications operations, data control, LAN/MAN/WAN administration and operations support, operating systems programming, system security policy procedures, and/or strategy and operations.
- Provide input to government lead on policy level discussions regarding standards and budget constraints.
- Perform complex operations that involve two or more additional functions such as, but not limited to, network operations, systems security, systems software support, and production support activities.
- Respond and monitor priority requests and critical outages effecting hardware, software, or network problems within 15 minutes of identification.
- Provide routine testing and analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems, and terminals).
- Utilize software and hardware tools to identify and diagnose complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
- Troubleshoot network systems when necessary and makes improvements to the network.
- Manage physical and virtual servers, performs log analysis, error detection, fault correction, backups, restores, startup and shutdown of systems as required. Build, configure, patch and upgrade servers, operating systems and applications.
- Develop and maintain daily, weekly and monthly scheduled network component and Functional System backups. Restore data to support systems and data recovery due to hardware, software or user error.
- Control and monitor user access to access to the 6 MDG computing environment.
- Add, delete, and modify user access to network resources. Manage account profiles, permissions and access to resources.
- Support connectivity of other systems to networks and troubleshoot connectivity problems.
- Must possess a High School Diploma.
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Must possess CompTia Security+
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge, competencies, technical skills, and abilities to support the configuration, maintenance and operations of network infrastructure and functional systems components, hardware and software on a large Military Treatment Facility campus.
- Demonstrated ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- May be required to travel to 6 MDG and/or partner facilities via privately owned conveyance as part of official duties
- Professionally certified in a related discipline and maintain currency on new technologies and/or applications to support 6 MDG information technology operations, requirements and systems integration.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and sound skills in written and oral communication is a must.
- Must be able to read and speak fluent English
- Must be able to pass a Federal background check
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success.