Certified Athletic Trainer – Colorado Springs, CO
Provide athletic training services including the collection and analysis of injury data (compare with previous injury surveillance) for 4ID and Fort Carson units. Provide data and analysis to the Division Surgeon, Division Physical Therapist, Health Protection Officer, and Safety Officers regarding recommendations for decreasing/minimizing injuries and risks. Work directly with 4ID and tenant unit providers and medics to evaluate and treat Soldiers assigned to the battalion.
Duties can include:
- Collect and analyze injury data. Brief the Division Surgeon section, chain of command and medical authorities regarding recommendations for decreasing/minimizing injuries and risks.
- Instruct monthly Tactical Athlete Medic Course (TAMC). The intent of the TAMC is increasing the non-trauma skills of 4ID 68Ws and ultimately reduce the severity of injuries sustained during physical readiness training, field training, or real-world missions.
- Identify Soldiers who are pre-disposed or have a high risk of injury through medical records review or individual screening. Provide assessments to brigade and battalion commanders and providers as required.
- Develop checklists and assess the Division’s Pregnancy and Postpartum Physical Training Program and brigade and battalion-level Reconditioning Physical Readiness Training (PRT) programs.
- Conduct staff assistance visits to assist brigade and battalion commanders in optimizing their individual reconditioning programs
- Plan, organize, and implement injury prevention programs to reduce injuries
- Provide injury prevention education classes as appropriate
- Set up and organize temporary treatment sites at field training events in order to evaluate and triage injuries
- Document all injuries, assessments, treatment and follow-up care for the services provided in the electronic medical record
- Attend and participate in the Division’s monthly Physical Resilience Working
- Minimum, two years of experience working with large groups. Military, collegiate, or professional/semi-professional sports organization experience is preferred.
- Must have current National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) certification
- Must present a general fitness persona, meeting standards as delineated in AR 600-9 Army Body Composition Program. This includes height and weight standards and applying body circumference process to measure body fat.
- Must be licensed to practice in the state of Colorado.
- Must be First Aid/ CPE/ AED Certified
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (word, outlook, and excel) is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and sound skills in written and oral communication is a must.
- Must be able to read and speak fluent English
- Must be able to pass a Federal Background Check
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success.