Administrative Assistant – US Department of Agriculture, Natural Resource Conservation Services, Huron, SD
Provide administrative support to staff with office management responsibilities. The Administrative Assistant may be required to work independently on projects requiring research and preparation of briefing charts and other presentation materials..
Specific tasks include:
- Provides assistance related to collecting and assembling cost data and processing payment application requests and programs. Reviewing a wide variety of invoices, vouchers, and other miscellaneous paperwork associated with NRCS Programs.
- Compiles supporting documents to substantiate payment requests, ensures that payment requests comply with provisions of long-term contracting and are within obligated spending limits prior to submission of payment.
- Tracks producer requests for wetland compliance and highly erodible land assistance. Maintains wetland determination and highly erodible land case files including producer submitted records, conservation plans and associated maps. Tracks requests for appeals related to issued determinations.
- Services will require utilizing a variety of computer hardware and software applications and small office machines. Incumbent will need a working knowledge of the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) software such as Protracts, Toolkit, Performance Results System, and Excel. Additionally, will establish and maintain files in Toolkit and Protracts.
- Reviews accuracy of documentation, compliance with regulations, and justification of vouchers, invoices, claims, statements, and other requests for payment of goods and services; processes program payment information; prepares for District Conservationist’s signature and forwards completed document to financial management staff for payment.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining contracting files and producer records. This includes receiving and assembling program applications and collecting producer eligibility information. Responsible for compiling contract documentation including, but not limited to, conservation plans, maps, photographs, resource data and technical material.
- May assist with logistical support within the office, such as delivering Government vehicles to the local shop for routine maintenance, track vehicle maintenance and mileage, complete vehicle logs, and scheduling.
- Some interaction with the public will be required in an office setting. The work under this award is primarily sedentary; some lifting may be required (boxes or files).
- Must possess and maintain a state issued driver’s license.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in utilizing a variety of computer hardware and software applications, such as Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Teams.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in operating small office machines such as calculators, fax machines, scanners, postage meters, and copy machines.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in general office procedures, such as preparing reports, spreadsheets, and filing. Familiarity with certified mail and return-receipt mail procedures.
- Must be capable of work independently.
- Although not required, having experience and background in ArcView and general agricultural and conservation programs is preferred.
- Must be able to pass a Government Security Clearance.
- Must read, write, speak and understand English fluently.
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success.