Administrative Assistant – Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC), Hurlburt Field, Florida
Create, manage, implement, brief and maintain all aspects of the Medal Cell Unit (MCU).
Specific tasks include:
- Provide all information management support to MCU by processing internal and external communications.
- Process Combat/Contingency Decorations approved by AFSOC Expeditionary Wing and Group Commander. Processing shall include, reviewing, acquiring signatures and complete final processing of Combat/Contingency Decorations for Deputy Commander AFSOC approval and high-level boarded decorations for Commander AFSOC approval.
- Maintain a publication file, approved filing plans (both digital and paper) in accordance with current Department of Defense and United States Air Force directives.
- Maintain an appropriate stock of blank forms and notify of low stock levels.
- Establish controls for incoming/outgoing mail service and e-mail, as well as for requesting / printing / distributing Single Unit Report Format (SURF) from the Automated Records Management System (ARMS) for appropriate action.
- Maintain electronic records of the mail out documentation for all decorations mailed via the U.S. postal service, FedEx, or UPS.
- Maintain control and accountability of all records under their control and re-accomplish any lost records.
- Maintain an electronic record of every signed decoration and the supporting documentation. The decorations processing status shall be updated in the data based and electronic copies maintained on the OC/A31 common drive.
- Update the AFSOC Operations Center (OC) A31 Medal Cell (MC) Awards and Decorations Database Management System (DBMS) or other system approved by AFSOC OC/A31 for use in monitoring the awards and decorations process.
- Update and maintain the AFSOC OC/A31 MC web page, Microsoft Teams sites and coordinate changes with the governing office to ensure compliance with Government criteria.
- Request Military Personnel Flight level Assignment Management System (AMS) access via AFPC Secure and MyPERS. AMS shall be the primary means for the contractor to pull SURFs for active-duty Air Force personnel. The contract shall request Automated Records Management System (ARMS) through AFPC.
- Manage the awards and decorations programs by verifying entitlement; correcting previously approved awards/decorations, as required; convening AFSOC Decoration Boards, as required; updating the DBMS; and ensuring concurrence from the proper authority is received for Sister Service and Foreign Nationals decoration recommendations for Air Force recognition.
- Create a decoration profile on the AFSOC OC/A31 common drive for each decoration submission.
- Review the expeditionary decoration certificate for format compliance with the criteria specified, Air Force Awards and Memorialization Program.
- Responsible for preparing high-level boarded expeditionary decorations for boarding and COMAFSOC’s signature. High-level boarded decorations are Silver Star, Distinguished Flying Cross, Bronze Star, Single Mission Air Medal, Air Force Combat Action Medal, and all Valorous awards (BSM with Valor, DFC with Valor, AM with Valor, and AFCM with Valor).
- Must possess a High School Diploma.
- Must be able to lift at least a 60 pound box.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and sound skills in written and oral communication is a must.
- Must be able to read and speak fluent English.
- Must possess and maintain an active Secret Clearance.
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success.