Administrative Assistant IV – US Department of Transportation, McLean, VA
Serve as the Executive Assistant for Senior Office Leadership (Executive). The individual shall display decorum, approachability, and professional courtesy to colleagues, customers, and stakeholders.
Specific tasks include:
- Serve as the Executive Assistant for Senior Office Leadership (Executive). The individual shall display decorum, approachability, and professional courtesy to colleagues, customers, and stakeholders.
- Display strong critical thinking skills and demonstrate clear judgement and independent decision-making capabilities.
- Coordinate all executive administrative duties, schedule meetings, follow-up on requests, prepare executive packages, prepare minutes of meetings, distribute materials, and prepare timecards and travel documents.
- Maintain the Executive’s calendar and schedule, appointments, and meetings based upon knowledge of workload and current issues of importance. Remind the Executive of appointments and brief him/her on matters to be considered before the scheduled meeting. Reschedule the Executive’s appointments when his/her schedule changes.
- Work independently to complete tasks and/or work products with conceptual guidance.
- Work effectively and make quick adjustments in work assignments when priorities or responsibilities change.
- Work on and prioritize multiple assignments throughout the workday.
- Coordinate with Executives, office personnel, subject matter experts, and other administrative assistants to respond to controlled correspondences in a timely manner.
- Proactively identify assignments.
- Produce executive work products that require minimal revision.
- Oversee administrative tasks as assigned by the Executive to include collaborating with assigned stakeholders and customers.
- Prepare/type executive correspondence, reports, records and technical papers. This may include tables, charts, graphs, and presentations as well as various government forms such as requisition forms.
- Prior to material being presented to the Executive, provide expert proofreading outgoing correspondence to ensure proper format and conformance with procedural instructions, screen for grammar, spelling errors, punctuation and content. Review package content to ensure that all necessary incoming and background material is attached to the file.
- Reply to general inquiries that do not require technical knowledge of the Executive, or programs under the control of the requesting office. These replies may consist of letters of acknowledgement, acceptance of invitations and cancellations. Follow up on routine correspondence of a non-technical nature in the Executive’s name or in his or her own name as secretary to the executive.
- Search for, assemble, and summarize information from files and other documents as requested by the
- executive or office staff in order to reply to correspondence, prepare reports, briefing papers, etc.
- Make travel arrangements for personnel as requested. This may include hotel and rental car reservations,
- plane and train tickets, travel advances, travel authorization requests, travel vouchers, and itineraries.
- Fleet Management – Performs, various responsibilities driving Government owned vehicle, submit periodic reports to GSA, coordination of services and purchases with GSA (GOVs Maintenance, licensing/registration, mileage reporting, fuel reports, E-85 special reporting).
- Manage assigned office files in accordance with statutory record-retention requirements and Departmental policies and directives, which may involve establishing new files and disposing of outdated or otherwise unneeded records.
- Identify and recommend improvements to processes or more efficient ways to accomplish tasks.
- Must possess a High School Diploma.
- Five years of experience performing office administration duties without day-to-day direction.
- Experience supporting senior level managers.
- Accurate typing of at least 35 wpm.
- Highly proficient in the use of current Microsoft products such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, Skype, Access, SQL, SharePoint, current web browsers (i.e. Internet Explorer, Edge, Google Chrome, etc.) Adobe Acrobat, and scheduling/navigating conference applications (i.e. Adobe Connect, PolyCom VTC), automated administrative tracking management systems (i.e. travel management, time and attendance), and other work-related data entry systems.
- Subject matter expert in grammar, spelling punctuation, and preparation/proofreading all standard/executive level office documents.
- Familiarity with the Government Style Manual.
- Significant experience communicating with individuals at all levels, both orally and in writing
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English
- Must be able to pass a Federal background check
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success.