Administrative Assistant – 711th Human Performance Wing, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, OH
Specific tasks include:
- The Contractor shall provide and/or oversee all administrative tasks in support of the GME programs, including OGME (Operational GME), the RAM (Residency in Aerospace Medicine, and AFOM/AMP (Air Force Operational Medicine/Aerospace Medicine Primary). The Contractor establishes the schedule of program office and resident/student-related activities, prioritizes program-related tasks, and ensures that the program director(s) is/are aware of important deadlines related to program activities. Organizational skills are needed to assist with the tracking the ongoing activities of the program office and to maintain accurate and easily retrievable records of resident/student training, certification, rounds attendance, resident/student evaluation and review, rotation evaluations and agreements, faculty evaluations and development, and resident/student biography books. This position will also support the FEE division chief for administrative duties to include but not limited to proofread/edit correspondences and documents for correct grammar, spelling, capitalization, punctuation, and format. The contractor shall return incorrect material prepared by others with revisions marked. Other duties as required by the FEE division chief for continuation of FEE operations and mission.
- Support to the OGME, RAM, AFOM/AMP Program Directors. The contractor shall interact with departmental residency program director(s) and others, such as training site preceptors, to ensure the integrity of the training program. The contractor shall provide oversight as well as administrative and technical support to the OGME, RAM, AFOM/AMP Program Directors, including assistance with scheduling and calendar management. The contractor shall assist program director(s) by researching and drafting letters of recommendation, prime source verification of graduates, transfer briefs and other associated administrative tasks. The contractor assists with PD updates for the Graduated Medical Education Committee, Program Evaluation Committee, Consolidated Command Center, Program Element Code, and other meetings. The contractor shall advise the program directors and assists in responding to and resolving resident/student issues and program administrative problems. The contractor shall perform as the program’s File Management Custodian. The contractor shall assist in preparation of the monthly and annual program reports.
- Maintain Institutional Agreements. The contractor shall coordinate and maintain residency Training Affiliation Agreements and Program Letters of Agreement with affiliated institutions. The contractor will assist the residency program liaison with the GME office and various other agencies, organizations and groups including education commissions, accreditation councils, licensing organizations and medical specialty boards; prepares a variety of documentation associated with residency program operations; distributes documentation or retains records as appropriate.
- Administrative Duties. The contractor shall coordinate all administrative duties relative to the resident/student recruitment and selection process. The contractor shall respond to applicant inquiries, organize the application review and interview process, and coordinate “interview days.” The contractor will build and maintain applicant databases, manage applications, ensure receipt of required application materials, and maintain confidential applicant files. The contractor will staff residency selection and applicant ranking committees. When possible, the contractor will attend the selection boards in order to perform administrative duties. The contractor shall track resident/student initial, semi-annual, and end of year/course interviews and reviews and submit credentials for approval by affiliated hospitals. The contractor will also track resident/student deliverables, and examination results of resident/students. The contractor shall maintain confidential files on all former and current resident/students. The contractor shall assist with the processing of staff and resident/student special pay agreements/contracts. The contractor will assist with planning and coordination of resident/student graduation activities. The contractor shall coordinate and manage orientation for the new resident/students to include the development of the handbooks, individual operational plans, resident/student schedules, coordination of flight physicals and other annual military requirements, roll-out of Informational/Technical products, and guidance on special pay, reimbursements, travel and research opportunities. The contractor assists in the lodging and travel arrangements, security clearances and orders for resident/students, visiting speakers and other official visitors. The contractor shall assist with the Distance Learning curriculum.
- Support to Faculty. The contractor shall maintain required documents and other requirements related to affiliated and adjunct faculty and staff. The contractor shall assist with the processing of staff special pay agreements/contracts. The contractor shall provide information, support and problem solving for program faculty on a wide range of residency personnel and program issues.
- Scheduling Duties. The contractor shall assist program directors with annual residency and class schedules and individual rotation coordination and scheduling. The contractor will update residency and course schedules as needed, as well as the information on residency/ course websites.
- Maintain Residency and Course Program Files and Records. The contractor updates and edits program policy manuals, procedure manuals and recruitment materials. The contractor shall establish and maintain a systematic file system with proper security measures for confidential documents. The contractor shall provide assistance with data management, tracking and reporting functions utilizing various software programs. The contractor manages computerized information systems related to collecting and storing program data, generating management reports and documentation; maintains computerized and hard-copy files of residency/course program records; promptly updates this information as needed and ensures that all necessary information is provided. The contractor will maintain accurate and complete program files in compliance with ACGME and/or USAF requirements.
- Required Training. The contractor shall complete annual training as required, including Livelink, Records Management, Equipment Custodian, Information Protection, Information Assurance, and New Innovations Residency Management Suite. Attendance at an ACGME Program Coordinators approved training session may be required annually.
- Must have a Bachelors Degree with at minimum two (2) years of experience in supporting an ACGME accredited residency program.
- Have proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software to include advanced Excel functions, PowerPoint, Adobe, and Advanced document management tools. The contractor shall be willing to learn and manage training platforms/programs adopted by USAFSAM in efforts to maximize education delivery for courses they help to support.
- Must possess extensive organizational skills and the ability to work independently. The contractor shall demonstrate advanced typing skills.
- Must be able to read and speak fluent English
- Must be able to pass a Federal background check
- Covid-19 vaccination or religious or medical accommodation
Leading Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Leading Solutions is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) headquartered in Kissimmee, Florida. The Company provides professional, technical, administrative, and healthcare services to Government and commercial clients. Leading Solutions customer- centric foundation ensures that our leadership and employees meet customer challenges and build trusting partnerships that lay the groundwork for success.